Friday, June 29, 2007

creative bone?



This is not the finished quilt but will work for now. If you dont know I got a little bit of a creative bone and decied to make my mom a quilt out of her moms dresses. My grandmother died this year and did not really have anything to leave and my uncle was going to donate her dresses to goodwill but I asked for them. I thought it would be something special that she would always have of her mom. Well my mom loved it (she even cried once she found out what it was made out of). I put it with her favorite color material and it turned out pretty cute. It is off at the quilters right now but it will be back soon and I will put more pictures up of it.

1 comment:

Timbra said...

this was a really sweet idea. i want to do this with some of my dad's shirts, but don't know how to quilt. utah is a quilter's paradise, so i'm sure it won't be long before i end up taking a class or something. but i always have plenty of projects to keep me busy.